Where is my mind?

Where is my mind? Sometimes I don't know (quite too many times, actually)! Should I try and find out?!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Regrets

"Regrets, I've had a few; but then again, too few to mention..." - My Way, performed by Frank Sinatra

I want to talk about regrets...

Should one regret more the things that he did or the things that he didn't do?
Here in Portugal people normally say that it is better to feel regret of something you did than to feel regret of something you didn't do! And usually you get to hear this when you're complaining about something you think you should've done and you didn't!

"Regret for the things we did is something that can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable." - Sidney J. Harris
Well... it looks like it is not only in Portugal! :P

Now... is it really like this?
The truth is, when you don't do something and regret it, you ask yourself: "What if ...? What if ...? What if ...?"
But that can also happen when you do something and regret it: "What if I didn't ...?" And the following reaction should be: "At least I tried..."
And this is what makes all the difference... "At least I tried..."

There's no "right way" to deal with this issue! The truth is that you'll never know if you don't try... Though sometimes you don't need to try to know that you won't get it!
Use with caution!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home